Monday, July 9, 2012

UND Orientation 2012

     Welcome! First I would like to start off by saying, thank you, for you interest in whatever it happens to be that i'm doing. I created this blog simply to track my final weeks before I finish my Private Pilot's License and my final months living in Virginia! I'm excited about what may come in the next 4-8 years of my life. I have a lot of positive and loving people behind me who make my life absolutely wonderful. I don't want to lose touch with everyone back home, so I've created this blog to keep you up to date on the interesting things going on in my life. 

     As for the name of this blog, you might be wondering what it means."Cleared for the option" is a term in aviation spoken by a tower controller giving an aircraft the 'option' to make a touch-and-go, low approach, missed approach, stop-and-go, or a full stop landing. I find that the saying "Cleared for the option" applies in more than just aviation. We live in a country where you are given the 'option' to do whatever you wish with your life. And as long as you make smart decisions and take responsibility for your actions, no one can tell you otherwise. I made the decision a few years ago that aviation wasn't just going to be a passion or a hobby, but more of an outlet to express my feelings in a more constructive way. It's fun to fly but rather hard to motivate yourself to study during what most consider to be the relaxing summer months. Pffft! These past few months haven't been very relaxing... My check-ride is coming up and I'm ready to be independent as far as my flying goes.

     I figured I would created my first post about my trip out to North Dakota for my class orientation! Most of you have probably seen this video and I appreciate your responses! We'll see you soon and just maybe I'll have a crisp temporary license in my hand. 

   
     There will be more to come. My vision for this blog is mostly aviation oriented, and since I can't bring all of you along I would like to record and share my experiences with you!

Stay in touch,
                   Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment