Tuesday, July 17, 2012

     These past few days have been quite stressful, but all have ended on a good note. On Friday I went to have my First Class Medical Physical completed. Rather painless! Only thing they told me, was that I was color-deficient. Hah! You don't say! In fact, I was the first color deficient patient that the office had seen since the FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations) had changed regarding colorblindness. I ended up having to call the CAMI- Civil Aero-Medical Institute in Oklahoma City, where I placed an application for my Letter of Authorization. The LOA is then requested from the Regional Flight Surgeon. I will then receive a letter in the mail telling me where i need to report to for my test. It will most likely be Charleston WV. That is as long as I'm still in Virginia when the letter comes. If not, I'll be taking it up in North Dakota!

Here is what a Medical Certificate looks like:

     




















<----       Obviously in this text on my medical it              says, "Not Valid for Night Flight or by Color Control" 









     I would like to go ahead and apologize. I wasn't able to get any video from my night flight. As a matter of fact, it didn't even cross my mind! Maybe some other time! The night flying was wonderful as always! It's the most smooth ride you come across in an airplane! Quite relaxing as well! Unfortunately the airplane stays pretty booked, so I'll most likely be taking my check ride at the beginning of next week unless there is a cancellation. 

See you next time,
                             Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment