Tuesday, August 28, 2012

      I'm not dead. Well, I kind of feel like it. Hopefully I don't look like it. I've been here 11 days. My room mate and I were discussing it this past weekend. It feels like I just moved in, but nope... Classes are in full swing. The lunch ladies hair-nets are grasping for the gray wisps that dislodge themselves. The assholes are in  full swing as well. I'm in college. Holy shit. I'm. In. College.

     I'm one of the lucky individuals who 1) Gets to fly at school. I mean, who gets to fly at school? And 2) Who isn't loaded down with some ridiculous amount of classes. It's a nice balance. Although balanced, it's totally new to me. Not have familiar faces to look at everyday is kind of difficult, but the unfamiliar faces outweigh it. I haven't met a ton of people and I think that's mainly due to my unique personality and my picky-ness when it comes to friends. But one thing I do know is I really enjoy the ones I have made.

     I was contemplating on whether I was going to bring this next bit up... I decided that I would mainly because I realize that whether anyone says it or not, everyone is going through some stage of it. Yup, you guessed it. Homesickness. Might I start off by saying, "BOOOOOooooooooo." Why body? Why, must you do this? I had such a hard time leaving my parents. In fact, I'm having a bit of a difficult time typing this. Oddly enough, eleven days in, I feel it. This is truly where I need to be. It's totally natural to feel homesick, but it's such a crummy feeling. You know... Something reminds you of home, and you're immediately a friggin' mess. Or in an instance where you know you have no control over something, and you wish Mom or Dad or Grand Ma or Grand Pa or Auntie or DOG, was there to fix it? But they aren't. Do you know why? Do you really really know why? Because we must grow up. It's totally necessary and if you don't grow up, you turn out to be someone other than yourself. I made the decision a while back.

I'm going to grow up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's start. Here's my story.

Here is where I live!

I don't actually live in that, but you get my point. This school really has it going on. Night life every weekend. (If I could actually stay up to enjoy it.) It's been ridiculously hot here recently. They're calling for 97F tomorrow! That's hot and you know it! We have NO A/C in our resident halls which makes it almost unbearable to stay in the room that long.




Here is the main terminal at Grand Fork International Airport! I don't ever go in this building because I'm not a passenger. ;)






I'll be sharing much more with you on my journey. Feel free to send me emails. I would most definitely love to hear from all of you! sid2k12@gmail.com

Take care,

Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment